What personal information do we collect from the people that visit our blog, website or app?
RupeeChanger and its affiliates ("RupeeChanger", "we", "us" or "our") are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
- who is responsible for protection of your information;
- the types of the Personal Information which we may collect about you and how it may be used;
- the sources from which we gather information about you;
- any disclosure of the Personal Information to third parties;
- your ability to correct, update and delete your Personal Information; and
- The security measures we have in place to prevent the loss, misuse, or alteration of the Personal Information under our control.
Who is responsible for protection of your information?
Protection of your personal information is the responsibility of our Data Protection Officer (DPO) who you can contact with questions related to your personal information. If you want to reach our DPO, please contact KYC@rupeechanger.com
Gathering and Use of Personal Information
We may collect your Personal Information if you use the Site, open an Account to use Our Services or perform any Transactions on RupeeChanger. The types of the Personal Information which we collect may include:
- your name;
- your document;
- your photographic identification;
- your address;
- your phone number;
- your e-mail address;
- your username;
- your IP address(es) and geo location;
- your device and browser information;
- your banking details, including account numbers;
- your date of birth;
- your transactions.
We may use your Personal Information for the following purposes:
- to allow you to open and operate an Account on the RupeeChanger;
- to enable you to complete Transactions on RupeeChanger;
- if you contact us, to reply to your queries;
- to analyze the use of our Site;
- as required for regulatory purposes;
- to provide you with information about products and promotions that may be of interest to you, from ourselves and third parties, although only if you have specifically agreed to receive such information;
- for market research, e.g., surveying our members’ needs and opinions on issues, such as our performance, etc.
We will process your Personal Information only for the purpose(s) for which it has been provided to us.
Sources of information
We collect information about you from several sources including, but not limited to:
- Your RupeeChanger profile
- Your social network profiles
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type for system administration, and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
What is cookie?
A cookie is a small amount of data, which often includes a unique identifier that is sent to your computer or mobile device browser from a website's server and is stored on your device's hard drive. Each website or third party service provider used by the website can send its own cookie to your browser if your browser's preferences allow it, but (to protect your privacy) your browser only permits a website or third party service provider to access the cookies it has already sent to you, not the cookies sent to you by other sites or other third party service providers. A cookie will contain some anonymous information such as a unique identifier and the site name and some digits and numbers. It allows a website to remember things like your preferences.
You can choose how cookies are handled by your device via your browser settings. The most popular browsers allow users to accept all cookies, to notify you when a cookie is issued, or to not receive cookies at any time. If you choose not to receive cookies at any time, the website may not function properly and certain services will not be provided, spoiling your experience of the website. Each browser is different, so check the "Help" menu of your browser to learn how to change your cookie preferences.
- To enable us to recognize your device so you don't have to give the same information repeatedly;
- To recognize that you may have requested that we remember your username and password so you don't need to enter your details
- Each time you visit a site;
- To ensure that your experience is smooth and secure;
- To measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you.
Disclosure of Personal Information
Specifically, when it is needed and permitted by law we can share information about you with the following parties:
- With third-party verification providers (i.e. identity and address verification providers);
- With acquiring and card issuing banks;
- With payment processing partners;
- With our service providers;
- With banks or other financial institutions when disputing claims or chargebacks;
- With government and regulatory officials when requested;
Please note that we cooperate with partners in different countries, hence your information might be processed and stored in different jurisdictions, but only as permitted by the law in that particular jurisdiction. We are committed to ensure safety of your personal information at any point of time by the use of secured data transfer channels, contractual obligations and other means (i.e. working with only trusted partners that have adequate data protection means).
Correction⁄ Updating⁄ Deletion of Personal Information
You have the right to access your Personal Information and to require the correction, updating and blocking of inaccurate and/or incorrect data by sending an email to us at: [email protected]
You may also request the deletion or destruction of both the Account and Personal Information by sending an email to us at: [email protected]. RupeeChanger will action your request only where this is not inconsistent with its legal and regulatory obligations.
Upon your written request, we will inform you of the Personal Information relating to you that we hold and the use and general disclosure of your Personal Information. We will also give you a copy of the Personal Information we have retained. There may be a minimal charge for accessing your Personal Information.
We have implemented security measures to ensure the confidentiality of your Personal Information and to protect your Personal Information from loss, misuse, alteration or destruction. Only authorized personnel of RupeeChanger have access to your Personal Information, and these personnel are required to treat the information as confidential. RupeeChanger.com website belongs to RupeeChanger.
Retention of Personal Information